Raym & Chicchan Richards,
Byron Bay,Australia -
"During our Travel to Bhutan, Yak Holidays provided us with exceptional service from start to finish. The itinerary they created was great and it was flexible!Their driver “Druk” Tempa was patient and considerate and their guide..." Read More
Pacific Grove, CA 93950\ USA -
"What a special Bhutan Travel experience....Bhutan is incredibly beautiful, the people spontaneously friendly, the culture gentle, spiritual and inspirational. I was deeply touched by it all and had a wonderful time. Whenever life gets too hectic, I..." Read More
Brimingham,Mi 48009, USA -
"Thank you for a wonderful travel to Bhutan! My son and I thoroughly enjoyed it ? we are still talking about it and recommending it to everyone. Attached is Matt?s evaluation form, as well as mine...." Read More
Mexico City, Mexico -
"Hello my friend of Yak Holidays.I think you remember me, I travelled to Bhutan with your agency. I see recently on your web site the Comments section. I think you should add this..." Read More
Facts about the Tour / Trek:
Duration: 10 nights / 11 days.
Accommodation: Hotels, Resorts and Tents.
Activity Type: Walking, Trekking & Tour.
Difficulty Level: Moderately Strenuous.
Group size: Minimum 2 pax.
Best Months to do this Trek: March - June, September - 2nd Week of December.
This is a very Popular 5 days Trek and goes to High Altitude and is moderately strenuous. The Trek route passes through some beautiful High Altitude Lakes. You can come across diverse Flora as you pass through the ridge of the Mountain and you can see the beautiful view of the Himalayas around. It starts from Paro near the Museum and ends in Motithang, Thimphu. The highest point is 4110 Meters.
Day 01. Arrive Paro: (Altitude 2280 m)
- Yak Holidays will greet you on arrival, and then drive you the short distance to the hotel.
- Visit Ta Dzong (built in1656 and renovated in 1968), an ancient watchtower,
- Rimpung Dzong (literally meaning "Heap of Jewels", built in 1646.
Day 02. Paro: Excursion to Taktsang Monastery: (Altitude 2280 m)
- An excursion to view the spectacular Taktsang (Tiger's Nest) monastery,
- Drive to the ruins of the Drukgyal Dzong 16 km up the valley. Built in 1647 by the great Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal,
- Experience an unforgettable view of Mt. Jhomolhari (7,314 m).
- On the way back, visit Kichu Lhakhang, built in 659 A.D by the Tibetan king Srongsen Gampo.
Day 03. Paro - Jele Dzong (Start of Trek):
(Camp Altitude: 3560m; Distance 10 Km; Walking Time 4 - 5 hours. (1090 meters ascent)
- The trek begins above the National Museum.
- Climb till we reach camp.
- The campsite is near the old Jele Dzong.
Day 04. Jele Dzong - Jangchulakha:
(Camp Altitude: 3770m; Distance 10 Km; walking time: 3 - 4 hours. (Ascent 310 meters, descent 50 meters)
- Trek starts with a short climb, till we reach camp.
Day 05. Jangchulakha - Jimilangtso:
(Camp Altitude: 3870m; Distance 11 Kms; Walking time 4 hours, (330 meters ascent, and 230 meters descent)
- The trail follows the ridge,
- The camp is close to Lake Jimilangtso.
Day 06. Jimilangtso - Simkota. (4-5hours):
(Camp Altitude: 4110 meters, 11 kms, Walking time: 4 hours, (820 meters ascent, 400 meters descent)
- The trail takes you through dwarf rhododendron trees past the lake of Janetso. Overnight camp.
Day 07. Simkota - Phajoding - Thimphu (4-5hours):
(Altitude (End of Trek: 2520 meters), Distance: 15 kms, walking time: 6 - 7 hours, (130 meters ascent, 1820 descent)
- Slowly descend down to Phajoding Monastery from where Thimphu town is visible,
- After lunch drive to the Traditional Medicine Institute,
- Takin Preserve Centre,
- Sangay Gang View Point and to the Largest Statue of Buddha.
Day 08. Thimphu Sightseeing: (Altitude 2320 m)
- Visit to the National Memorial Chorten (1974) built in honour of our late King Jigme Dorji Wangchuk,
- The Dupthop Lhakhang one of the few surviving nunneries in Bhutan,
- Visit the National Library,
- Painting School where traditional art is still kept alive,
- Visit the Handicrafts Emporium,
- Visit to the Tashichho Dzong.
Day 09. Thimphu - Punakha: (Altitude 1310 m, Distance 72 Kms, 3 hours drive).
- Drive to Punakha via Dochula pass.
- Visit Punakha Dzong built in 1637 by Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal,
- Visit Chime Lhakhang, which was built by Lama Drukpa Kuenley. The Temple is also known as "the Temple of Fertility".
Day 10. Punakha - Thimphu - Paro: (Altitude 2280 m, Distance 126 kms.)
- Drive to Paro via Thimphu.
- Afternoon, free for shopping.
- Evening, drive to Paro.
Day 11 Departure:
Early morning, drive to the airport and farewell.